The Palatal Thumb Crib is a fixed appliance expertly designed to set up a barrier against the tongue, aiding in the prevention of anterior flaring and fostering correct oral habits. Its vertical fence not only helps in curbing tongue thrust but also serves as a deterrent for thumb habits. To ensure its stability, it’s advised to have occlusal rests for premolars laser-welded.
- Appliance Components
- Bands on the 1st permanent molars
- .040 base arch extending mesial to the middle third of the cuspids
- Habit crib is adapted close to the tissue in the rugae portion of the palate Wire and crib are soldered to the bands
- Wire: Chromium Cobalt wire or Stainless-Steel
- Solder: Silver Solder (Cadmium Free)