The Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander is based on the trusted Leone RPE, but we offer customization with any of our RPE options. With a durable .036 frame, it fits the inner (lingual) and outer (buccal) areas of the back teeth. For enhanced usability, we offer easy-remove arms and optional Class III correction hooks. Each RPE includes a swivel key with an activation tracker.
- Appliance Components
- Arrow points towards the throat.
- Screw body is centered near skeletal midline.
- Screw body and arms are 1-2mm from tissue.
- Mesial arms reach 4(d)/5(e), distal arms to 6s.
- Lingual extensions span from central 6s to 4(d) mesial.
- Framework contours around 4(d)-6, leaving 0.5-1mm space.
- Covers 4(d)-6 on buccal, occlusal, and lingual surfaces.
- Lingual coverage is 2-3mm thick, tapering near the gingival.
- Buccal coverage is 2-3mm thick, following gingival contours.
- Occlusal coverage varies based on lower model availability.
- Upper tooth indentations in acrylic are sandblasted.
- 040 Wire Framework
- 11-12mm Expansion Screw
- Acrylic: Clear Polymer
- Expander Key